"What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the LIVING. Wait, hope for and EXPECT the Lord. Be strong and of good courage and may your heart (Ned) be sturdy and enduring.....Yes, Wait For and Hope For and Expect the Lord."

Psalm 27:13-14 (Amp)

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lots of Prayers Needed!!!

Ned has been off of the vent for over 48 hours now which is great; however, his routine chest x-ray yesterday morning showed that his left lung (the small one) had collapsed a bit again. They decided to take him back off of the regular nasal cannula (oxygen only) and put him back on the CPAP (which supplies pressure and oxygen) to try to re-inflate the lung. If they can't get it re-inflated, they may have to put him back on the vent. The very good news is that he remained stable with the one good lung.....stats were great, but they just want the other lung working so he doesn't tire out too easily. This mornings x-ray didn't look any better- maybe a little worse, but because he is still stating well, they are going to give it some more time. Please pray that God will allow his little lung to open back up and funciton properly. He just has a more difficult time holding that lung open now that it has collapsed because there isn't a diaphram muscle on that side either? I am so praying that we don't have to go back on the vent, but, again, we'll just have to continue on this journey in whatever way or fashion God directs it.

It took exactly less that 24 hours to spoil my son.....honestly. I 'm not sure if there has ever been any research performed to determine such, but for Ned- 24 hours. After I held him most of the day yesterday, I stopped rocking to put him back in his crib around midnight and as soon as I stopped rocking, he started crying. I sat back down and rocked again- the crying immediately ceased! When I stopped rocking a second time- crying! Who can believe that he could have learned to enjoy something and cry for it so quickly? I am so thankful that he likes being rocked though. It gives me peace that I am now able to comfort him!

I appreciate everyone's continued prayers for litte Ned. His lungs are still small and currently compromised so he still needs those prayers for lung function and to prevent any infections from setting in. Your faithfulness to pray for my child is so greatly appreciate and has been a very humbling experience for me. God has been so faithful to answer those prayers in a very mighty and miraculous way. I find myself asking everyday, "Why Me God" and not in the way like why did you let this happen to our child. Now it's more like, why did you choose me for this experience? Why were we allowed to be the ones to have you work so miraculously in our lives? So many people go through life and never see God and know Him like we have been allowed to. I just wonder why we have been allowed to receive such blessings?

Love to you all!

Betsy, Travis, Jack & Ned

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Betsy, have they tried turning him on his side? When Cadenne had the partially collapsed lung, they turned her on her side because they said that sometimes that helps it reinflate.

You are doing so great. Ned looks wonderful! Thank you for the candid look into your heart. I love reading about what the Lord is doing in (and through!) you!

Anonymous said...

Betsy my prayers are with Ned but in this whole experience you have had so many cute little nick names for him this time I am calling him the Track star with GOD'S awesome powers HE and Ned have made every hurdle that they have come across
and I know in my heart they are going clear this one

Lynn

mummy to angel SKYLA said...

Hi Betsy, I have been praying for little Ned. I hope that he can continue to improve each day. I hope he doesnt go back on the vent but its better to be safe if he does need it. I Know how hard it is having to go back on it. Skyla has been on it 3 times. She isnt doing so good at the moment. She is turning blue nearly everyday cause she cries then desats very quickly. Its her pulmonary hypotension, well thats what the think. She also has chronic lung disease. Take care. praying for you guys.
Kristy and Skyla

Nancy said...

Betsy & Travis,
You don't ever even have to ask! Those prayers are there for Ned!!!

Anonymous said...

Betsy & Travis,
Jason and I are praying for GOD to continue his wonderful blessings for little baby Ned. We are also praying for you all during this time.
We love you all & thank you for sharing this beautiful child's journey with us and many others. I feel blessed to be connected to you all. I know in my heart that he will continue to do well.

God bless you all,
Love,
Danielle & Jason Wofford

Anonymous said...

Betsy & Travis, I had to write in response to your question... Why have we been allowed to receive such blessings? You will understand when I say that the sacrificial gift that you & Travis shared with Randy is a reflection of how God blesses those who are obiedent and gives back so much more than we can imagine. It is beacuse of what YOU have given, that YOU experience an overflow of blessings. Know that we will be forever grateful to you for the love you shared with us. It reminds me of Ann's saying inflow/outflow.. We continue to pray for little Ned as well as you, Travis and sweet Jack. With love, thanksgiving, & prayer... Tammy, Randy & Colby