"What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the LIVING. Wait, hope for and EXPECT the Lord. Be strong and of good courage and may your heart (Ned) be sturdy and enduring.....Yes, Wait For and Hope For and Expect the Lord."

Psalm 27:13-14 (Amp)

Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Busy 24 Hours

The cardiac team performed Ned's heart cath today to determine whether his aorta was interrputed or narrowed. They just came in and let us know that it was a narrowing of the heart which reduced the riskiness of the surgery from like a 9.8 to a 5.5 on a scale of 0-10. I'm not exactly sure how those numbers correlate, like if that means he has a 50.0% chance of surviving the surgery or a 50.5% chance of the surgery going off without a hitch. The surgeon used the word "risky" and I'll have to ask for clarification when they come back by. The good news is that the aorta isn't interrupted so they won't have to put Ned on the heart/lung bypass machine prior to beginning surgery. What an answer to prayer. I was prepared for Ned to need the ECMO machine before he was born because they had really prepared me for that, but since he has so easily been able to avoid it (thank you precious Lord), now I can't stand the thought of him needing that. As we stand, God continues to be our rock and answer my little prayers among the big one (healing, of course). They will keep ECMO available during surgery in the event that his lungs can't sustain, but I'm believing that God will continue to allow Ned's little life to be a miracle to all around him.

They have just brought Ned back to the room. He did well during the cath except for an increased, heart rythm which they quickly corrected with medication. We're still not sure when his surgery would be. It will most likely be scheduled for next week, but they could potentially perform it tomorrow? Please be praying that God will miraculously heal Ned's little heart and safely guide him through this surgery as He did the last time. I just pray that God will continue to hover around Ned wherever he is and that through this, God's awesome healing power will be revealed to many. I am just thanking Him for how far he has brought us and how many blessings He has already bestowed on our lives. While it's difficult to imagine now, I'm sure that one day I'll be glad I was chosen by God to have this experience to learn how to really appreciate the blessings and precious people God has placed in our lives, as well as, learn how to draw really near to Him at all times so that during the difficult times, He is already very close by.

Thank you for all your diligent prayers for little Ned. Your dedication to my child inspires and uplifts me daily!

Betsy, Travis, Jack & Ned

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying...Praying...Praying...
Please keep us posted on the expected date of Ned's surgery.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Betsy, you were so strong for me when little Lainey was born and I wanted to post part of an insert from the Upper Room that I have kept with me since the day that my dad got really sick a few years ago and it has really helped me through hard times and especially when Lainey was born. I hope that it can somehow be meaningful and helpful to you over the next serveral weeks.

When fear and uncertainty unsettle us, we can trust our God who lovingly holds us and the future in strong hands.

Prayer: God of all, in times when fears fill our hearts and we worry about what lies ahead, help us always to remember that you are the one who holds the future, that you are always with us to guide and strengthen us. We praise you for your unfailing love. Amen.

We can't see what lies ahead, but we have the assurance that God is with us on the journey.

Love Ya'll and I am praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for this continued good news. Sorry I did not make it by there today, but I was thinking of you and Ned and praying for you both a lot today. T

Love,
Kelly

KMWOMEN'SGANG said...

BETSY, we are thinking of you and your family , especially little Ned! We are keeping up with everything . It looks like its going good so far! If you need anything please don't hesitate to call us! you are in our thoughts and prayers ! love, The Kings Mtn. Women's Care Gang!!!!

Christie Ford said...

Betsy,
My family and I are praying for you all dialy. It is amazing to hear what God has already done for Baby Ned. I know the move yesterday was difficult. I admire your faith and we will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Christie Ford

Jana Griffin said...

I have been following Ned's progress for the past few days from Tricia's blog (mommy to CDH baby Cadenne). I have felt so blessed to watch the miracle of Cadenne's life and healing. I have added little Ned to my daily prayers for Cadenne. I will be following his story, and praying that his healing will be as miraculous as Cadenne's!

Anonymous said...

HEY BETSY THIS IS TONY JONES AND FAMILY WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY.CONTINUE TO BE STRONG.