"What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the LIVING. Wait, hope for and EXPECT the Lord. Be strong and of good courage and may your heart (Ned) be sturdy and enduring.....Yes, Wait For and Hope For and Expect the Lord."

Psalm 27:13-14 (Amp)

Monday, January 21, 2008

Couple Little Bumps in the Road

Well, we're finally here at UNC hospitals and we've gotten started on this induction. We weren't sure if Travis was going to be able to make it. He had a fever Friday and Saturday night and the hospital staff asked him not to come until he had been fever-free for 24 hours. So....Mom and I drove up this afternoon, but when Travis' fever didn't return this evening, he came on up.

They contemplated putting off my induction until tomorrow night, but decided to move forward. Apparently the NICU is pretty full right now, but the neonatologist came by and said that they were going to re-work somethings on their end (I guess they'll transfer some babes to the PICU). I assured him that it wouldn't be a big deal at all for me to wait a day, but he said that wouldn't be unnecessary. I felt very comfortable with the situation after talking with him so Baby Ned will be here tomorrow!!

At the moment, they're just trying to dialate me a little more and they expect to start the meds to really crank up the labor sometime in the "wee hours of the morning"....I'm not sure exactly what time that will be???

I still feel much at peace even though I thought I would be a nut case by now. Please keep this entire situation in your prayers. I love you all dearly!!

Betsy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis & Betsy,
We are praying for you and the baby. Every time Holden woke up last night with his cold, I thought of you guys. Love, Summer & David

Anonymous said...

We're keeping you in our prayers!!
Brian and Jenny Emerson

CDHi Admin said...

Keeping you all in my prayers today! Everyone at CHERUBS is praying for you. If you need anything, let me know, I'm not that far from Chapel Hill!

Dawn
CHERUBS
http://www.cdhsupport.org

Anonymous said...

Betsy, all my thoughts and prayers have been with you, Travis and Ned today. Jack told me first thing this morning that you had gone to the hospital so the docters could bring his baby brother out. He has had a good normal day today and doesn't seem to be worried.
You have so many people praying for you! Hope everything goes great.

Anonymous said...

We've been thinking about you guys all day and praying for you!
WE LOVE YOU!!
Emily and Kristen

Amy AKA "Baba" said...

I am thinking of you. I'm sure everything will go smoothly and you will have little Ned here in no time. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I just heard of your blog today and I wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you guys and We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I know that the good Lord will wacth over you. Ned will be in good hands.

Wendy, Derek and Alana Barrett

Julie said...

"Now...don't be afraid...Just go on believing!" Mark 5:36
Something Ann shared with me and I wanted to share with you!
Julie De Sa