"What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the LIVING. Wait, hope for and EXPECT the Lord. Be strong and of good courage and may your heart (Ned) be sturdy and enduring.....Yes, Wait For and Hope For and Expect the Lord."

Psalm 27:13-14 (Amp)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No News is Great News

I am happy to report that there is very little to report! Travis and I went down and joined the NICU staff during doctor's rounds this morning. ALL of the doctors were so impressed with Ned's stability. I was so proud during the meeting to be the mother of the "all-star". They decided to make a couple of changes to his medications: take him off some of the sedation drugs and just tweek a couple other things to really get some of his settings right on target. They also let us know that his little collar bone was broken during birth. I guess it's a good thing that he is on pain medication right now. He shouldn't feel anything and they say it will just heal itself.

Travis was hounded by the doctors for wearing his DUKE shirt to the rounds meeting this morning. I was so embarrassed. They said it could have been worse.....Maryland! I guess I'll have to decorate Ned's bed with UNC paraphanalia to make sure he gets the best care...I don't want them to hold Travis' shortcomings against little Ned.

If he continues to do as well tomorrow, they will start assessing him for surgery. It will be pretty unscheduled. As soon as they think his stats are perfect and stable, surgery will be a go!

We have been blessed to have been prayed for by so many people and entire congregations....people we've never met and may never know until we know them in eternity. Until that time, I thank God for all the time and love other people have poured into our lives.

I told Travis tonight, someone told us that when she prayed for us, she envision Jesus hovering over us and protecting us. I think that is so funny because when I have prayed, I have envisioned myself walking behind Jesus with my face dug in his back...you know, like you would go through a haunted house, clinging to someone else, too afraid to look for yourself. He hasn't led me astray even though I had no idea where he was taking me. He has brought us to a place of real surrender and in that we have found blissful peace.

I'm adding a couple of pictures although I know he hasn't changed much....he's still a cutie!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He is beautiful! I can send you a UNC fan - be happy to - my DH - and me - UVA - imagine our house during football season! ;-)

He is adorable!

Keeping you all in my thoughts, prayers and those famous LUNG FUNCTION chants!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hey Betsy this is Mark I am so glad that your little baby is doing so well you are in all of my prayers I hope you Travis, Jack and Ned are doing well hope to see you soon.
God Bless
Mark

Anonymous said...

Wow, guys, how beautiful Ned is! Just like Jack....so gorgeous.
Tonite was the Wal-mart preview...everyone was asking us about little Ned. We were so happy to share the blessing of good news. I told everyone about your blog, so they could view these cute pics and your words of faith and courage for themselves.

During my darkest days, I would go to sleep each night thinking of sitting next to Jesus and placing my head to rest in his lap. It was the most wonderful peace I have known.

Continuing to pray for you all! Love, Sherry

cheryl.billinger said...

Dear Betsy and family,
I just found out about little Ned on his birth day. Oh how your Papa Ned would be proud to have this baby as his namesake. I just wanted you to know that you are firmly on the prayer list of many in Union County. I took copies of your blog to my meeting last night. We are studying Beth Moore and we thought you had the wisdom of Beth.Just hold tight to God and he will see you through it.I am sure you are a blessing to all of those taking care of little Ned. I can't wait to meet him on one of my trips to C'ville. Charlie knows and sends his love and prayers too. hugs, Cheryl Ann

Anonymous said...

Congrats Betsy and Travis! Ned is absolutely beautiful. We're going to continue to keep Ned in our prayers for God to completely heal your bundle of joy. Please let us know if you or your families need a place to stay during this time. Cary is very close to Chapel Hill and we'd love to help out anyway we can.

Hope, Andy and Savannah Ferguson

mark goodwin said...

Travis,Betsy,Jack and Ned--Praise the Lord for your new addition. He is truly the Great Physician. Betsy, I admire your unwavering faith and complete trust in God during the trials you and Travis have faced. You are a true inspiration for others and have a great testimony to show for it. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers at home and at church.
God Bless you-

M Ferguson said...

Betsy, Travis, Jack and Ned
Oh my goodness......he is just beautiful! I am so happy for you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with Ned for a speedy recovery.
"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world"
God Bless You,
Mary and David,John and Susan
Delana and Alex