"What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the LIVING. Wait, hope for and EXPECT the Lord. Be strong and of good courage and may your heart (Ned) be sturdy and enduring.....Yes, Wait For and Hope For and Expect the Lord."

Psalm 27:13-14 (Amp)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Tribute to Seth

This morning around 1:15am, Seth Vandyke was called home to the arms of our Lord. It is with such deep sadness and regret that I relay this to you all. My heart is broken for a precious family who has watched their son fight the hard fight with CDH. I know, without question, that God chose his parents, Russell and April, for this very special child because He knew that Seth would need extraordinary parents to see him through his short, yet highly purposeful existance. I thought today how much I will enjoy seeing Seth when I get to heaven. I have no doubt that he will have more to share about how Jesus worked in him and through him in his three week lifespan.....he'll be able to hang right in there with the story telling of all the old saints. I know God has been holding Seth and guiding him every step of the way until he led him home to a place of peace, comfort and joy.

Please keep April, Russell and Seth's brother Nash in your prayers. They are walking through a very deep valley where most of us only every tread in our worst nightmares. But they will also experience a peace that most of us will never have the priviledge of feeling. I know God is smiling down on this family with such pride for their never-ending faith and enduring dependence on the their Father. I am praying that even during this time, they will feel the hand of God in their lives and know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this was His very best plan...maybe without fully understanding, but with complete trust.

Tonight, I will put my little CDH babe in the bath. I will wash his little body and inspect his little scars. I will again be so poiniently reminded that his life is more than a blessing....it was a miracle handed to ME? Everytime I think of April, I will be reminded of what a gift I have received and what a responsibility I have in being a good steward of the children God has placed in my care. I hope that the light and life I see in Ned will always be a constant reminder to me that God entrusted me with a life full of purpose and that will inspire me to raise him in a way where he can fulfill his potential.

Please continue to pray for Russell, April, and Seth. They need to feeling the healing power of prayer and scripture at this time.

Thank you....love you all so much!

Betsy, Travis, Jack and Ned

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betsy and Travis,
Thank you for posting this beautiful message about dear baby Seth. My heart is broken for them and I too reach for prayer that God's hand will strengthen this family. I thank God that he allowed Jason and I to put you and April together. I will always be thankful for that. It's amazing how God put our paths together for a reason. I know that you both have supported each other and your love for each other is so deep. They are amazing people, just like you and Travis. I also want to thank you again for reminding me of your strength in our mighty GOD. After I read the blogs about little Ned and his beautiful blessed journey, I feel renewed in my faith and spirit. I know that GOD is so proud of you both and I will thank you both for that!!!!
Again, thank you both for honoring Seth and allowing us to watch Ned grow. Jason and I can't wait to meet Ned and he is in our daily prayers everyday. May God continue to bless you all.

In Christ's love,
Danielle Wofford

Tricia said...

That was beautiful, Betsy!

Elizabeth said...

I agree with Tricia, Betsy - absolutely beautiful.

Peace,
Elizabeth